Sunday, August 22, 2010

Is there anywhere I can find statistics for the number of US citizens that own homes in Mexico?

I have a ranch near Guadalajara. I am curious as to how many US citizens are buying up property down there.

Is there anywhere I can find statistics for the number of US citizens that own homes in Mexico?
I googled your question pretty much as you asked it and got about 500,000. I have friends near San Felipe in Baja Norte and I think that number is a little low. Some Americans prefer not to live in American colonies and I think the number does not reflect isolated Americans who prefer to live with the Mexican people, which is my preference Lots of Americans are buying property. In the San Felipe area, south of town, beachfront homes on the Sea of Cortez can be bought (99 year lease) for $60,000+. Contrary to popular belief, you can also own in fee simple. The major American realtors, like Coldwell Bankers, have offices throughout Mexico.
Reply:There are between 500,000 and 2 million Americans who have retired to Mexico. This is to take advantage of the lower cost of living


No comments:

Post a Comment