Tuesday, August 17, 2010

How do I find p value for significance in statistics?

I have the mean and the standard deviations, s ohow do I find "t" and how do I find if p is greater than or less than .05????

How do I find p value for significance in statistics?
Im guessing you're doing a T-test.


If you have a TI-83/84 plus calculator, go to


STAT-TESTS-2:T-Test (for one-sample)


and just type in the numbers. After you press "calculate", it'll give you a p-value. If it's less than 0.05, it is statistically significant at that level, allowing you to reject the null hypothesis. If it's not, then it's not statistically significant, so you fail to reject the null.
Reply:Excel can do it for you. Go to Tools -%26gt; Data analysis and select regression. If you don't have the option, you may need to enable the Add-in (also in the Tools menu)

dog teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment