Thursday, August 19, 2010

What are the statistics as far as men 35 and older going to college to get any type of degree?

Do most men that age return to college or do they just flake away on ego trips?

What are the statistics as far as men 35 and older going to college to get any type of degree?
Most men (and women) who are slightly older (25 to 85) go to college because they want to do so. They are paying their own way, want to be there, are focused, get a lot out of the classes, use their time wisely because they are generally also working, and go on to get their degrees. My career demands that I continually take courses and accumulate a certain number of credits every so many years. I have had the luxury of taking all manner of courses after my first 2 master's degrees.....I have accumulated 72 credits beyond my first master's.... Go for it! Learning is such fun.
Reply:Men (and women) over 30 that attend college graduate with degrees about 86% of the time - in the US anyway. I have no idea what the figures are globally, but I would imagine they are similar.


No comments:

Post a Comment